If you are a baker enthusiast, you probably have a Pinterest account with lots of boards with all about cooking and baking, and have thousands of recipes saved that probably you will never do, just like me. Well, on this Pinterest fantasy world I have a board named Baking recipes DONE!…and is a secret board. Why? Because I made a commitment that I would make every single recipe on this board, and this is where I pinned this Condensed Milk Cake recipe. I found this recipe on Edible Garden website, I don’t know how many years ago, and I fell in love with the idea of a cake made with condensed milk, and let’s be honest everyone loves this heavenly sweet milk!
When I was a girl, I remember my mom making flan and I was waiting near the counter just to lick the empty can, who has not done that? Well, let me tell you, this cake is worth every drop of the can! I honestly regret not making this cake before. Is the perfect cake for a family get-together and perfect cake for a late snack with a glass of milk. Is sweet, moist, buttery and my contribution on this recipe, the Pecans-praline glaze, is what really makes this cake and explosion of sweetness. If you make it I’m pretty sure you will leave me a comment below! So let try this pinch of sugar!
Bellow you can find my Pinteres board for this Blog, Please fowllow me!
- 1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 can (14onz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- ¼ cup of mashed pecans
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Sift the flour and baking powder until well combined. You can also whisk it well in a bowl until combined, if you don’t have a sieve.
- Beat butter and sugar together until soft and fluffy – 5 mins by hand or 2 mins by electric beater. Then add the condensed milk and repeat for the same time, until well combined.
- Whisk eggs in a bowl for 2 mins with a fork and, Add the eggs, vanilla essence and salt and combine well again. Then add the eggs mix to the batter.
- Add the flour to the butter-sugar-condensed milk mixture and mix until just combined without beating too hard. Add the mashed pecans to the batter.
- Transfer to a greased cake or a bundt pan and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180C/350F for 30-35 mins. Insert a toothpick at the center to test if the cake is done, and let it cool.
- To make the Glaze: Combine the brown sugar, butter and milk in a 2-qt saucepan. Set over medium heat, and bring to a boil, whisking almost constantly. Boil for 1 minute, whisking constantly. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the vanilla. Whisk in the confectioners’ sugar, a little at a time, until it is completely incorporated and the frosting is smooth but not liquid. Gently stir the frosting until it starts to thicken, then pour it over the cooled cake. Sprinkle with extra pecans, if desired.
- Serve with a cup of Coffe or a glass of milk and enjoy this pinch of suggar!!!
Recipe Adapted from EDIBLE GARDEN