Every woman needs chocolate! No, let me correct that. Every woman needs nutella in her life! And I am not the exception, especially on those days when hormones rule my life. That been said, you have to know, the reason that you haven’t seen many chocolate desserts on my blog is because sadly I am the only chocolate lover in my house. Also, because I try to be a little bit wise on my food choices to avoid having a fight with my scale.
But what happens when my body really needs some luscious, delicious, gooey chocolate? I grab my nutella jar!! And the immediate question that pops up in my mind is: “What will I bake?” Well it’s fall season and pumpkin is the way to go. So I pulled a can of pumpkin puree and made a basic muffin recipe. But you wanna know what the best part of them is? The swirl topping of nutella!!! If you haven’t tried this combination before, I beg you to do it. It’s just amazing! The natural sweetness of the pumpkin along with spices and the melted nutella will rock your world!! This recipe is so easy to make, and so delish that it will be a part of your recipe log. So let’s enjoy this pinch of sugar!
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- ½ tablespoon of pumpkin spice
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Nutella spread
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a muffin tin with non-stick baking spray.
- Add the pumpkin, eggs, oil, and sugar to a large bowl and mix together. You can use your electric mixer at this point.
- Stir together the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Alternately add the flour mixture and milk to the pumpkin mixture using a spatula until everything is mixed in.
- Spoon the muffin batter into a 18 muffin pan or into a 6 jumbo muffin pan.
- Place the Nutella in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 20-30 seconds. Stir until creamy. Drop the warm Nutella in the center of each muffin. Use a toothpick or a knife to swirl the chocolate gently on top.
Bake the muffins for 20-22 minutes. Remove it from the oven, let them cool in the pan for 2 minutes, and then the rest of the time into the cooling rack. Hint: Enjoy them warm while the nutella still melted, you will say, yummy yummy in the tummy!