I want to give special thanks to Nena Baking Recipes for nominating me for the Liebster Awards. Please feel free to check out her blog, she has great ideas in baking, cooking & cocktails. This is my First award since I started blogging and I really appreciate it. Blogging is one the best hobbies I have done, I love to bake and share my experiences.
The Liebster Awards requires 11 Facts About Me, so here are a few things so you can get to know me a little bit more:
- I live in Northwest Indiana, but I come from Puerto Rico, a beautiful island of the Caribbean.
- As you all know, I Iove baking, especially sweet breads.
- My favorite thing in the world is playing and spending time with my little boy. He’s my greatest blessing from heaven.
- I became a mom at my 40’s.
- When I have free time I’m usually baking, and when I’m not baking I love to crochet & knit.
- I like watching The Great British Baking Show. I think it’s a great show to learn baking techniques.
- I love Baking Books! I think they are like shoes, you can have enough!
- My favorite book is the Bible. It’s my guide.
- I am follower of Jesus Christ.
- I went to Uganda Africa as Missionary during the summer of 2010. It was one the best experience of my life.
- And yes, I love shopping, like all women.
Questions For Me:
- What do you do during your free time? When I have free time I am usually baking, but if not, I love to crochet & knit.
- What is your favorite food? Do you like desserts? As I mention before, I came from Puerto Rico, so my favorite food is a traditional Mofongo (a fried green plantain mashed with butter garlic and bacon, then stuffed with seafood). There’s always room for dessert! Actually, sometimes is better to start with the dessert.
- What kind of sport you like? I am not a sporty girl, but I like to do Pilates sometimes during the week.
- Have you ever had a pet? What kind of animal you like? Yes, I had various during my childhood. A rabbit, two dogs, a cockatiel and even a rooster! I love dogs and birds.
- Which countries do you like to spend your vacation? In first place, my place, Puerto Rico. I also love Spain and Italy.
- Do you prefer to live in a cold place or a tropical place? Definitely a Tropical place! Life is better in the Tropics!
- What kind of books do you like? Any favorite authors? I Like Christian Books. Authors likes C.S. Lewis, Rick Warren, Lisa Bevere and Joyce Mayer.
- What do you prefer to wear, high heel shoes or flat shoes? Well, I am a 40 year old mom, so before my baby I always wore heels, but now I use flats most of the time.
- Do you know how to swim? What style do you like? Yes I know how to swim and I prefer freestyle swimming.
- What kind of vegetables do you always cook or include to your meals? Broccoli is the number one in my house.
- Which one you do like best, diamond or gold? Why? Both, why not!
11 questions for the for the Nominees:
- Why did you start blogging?
- Assuming money was not an issue, what is the one thing you’re dying to do?
- What is one international food dish you would love to make or want to learn to make?
- What’s your favorite style of music?
- What is your favorite season and why?
- Do you have any pets? If no, are there any pets you would like?
- What’s the most important thing in your life?
- What is your favorite dessert?
- Can you bake? Do you like to bake?
- What are your hobbies?
- What have you read or listened to recently that touched you?